Our youth Safety training class for 2017:
The Monticello Trailblazers Snowmobile Club is offering a DNR certified youth snowmobile safety class on November 18, 9:00am-2:00pm at the Xcel Energy Training Center (2101 W River St, Monticello). To register please visit the Monticello Community Education website https://monticello.ce.eleyo.com/ and search class # F17-1169. After registering, please complete an online safety course found at http://dnr.state.mn.us/safety/vehicle/snowmobile/i…
This training must be completed and voucher must be printed off prior to coming to class.
The day of the class each Attendee must bring at least 1 parent or legal guardian to register all paper work needed to attend the class. Each parent or legal guardian will be asked to attend the class for the first segment of the class which will last about a half hour. Once the first segment is finished parents that choose to leave can do so at that time. This class will last about a total of 5 hours depending on how many attendees register.
We encourage all parents to help support safe riding practices before and during all snowmobile activities. Parents are welcome to stay and participate during the safety class. Parents are also welcome to stay and help with the class. Please be available to pick up your child or children when class is out.
Things each attendee will need to have for the class:
- $10.00 for supplies and also pop and rolls will be provided—due Monticello Community Education at the time of registration. Lunch for your child is included in price. Choice of Ham or Turkey sandwich from Quizno’s with chips and cookie.
- Printed Snowmobile Voucher from MN DNR approved online courses.
- Full birth certificate legal name
- Social Security Number
- Helmet that has a D.O.T rating.
- Warm clothes suitable for riding snowmobile outdoors. Which includes gloves, boots, snow pants and jacket.
We also welcome all families to join the Monticello Trailblazers snowmobile club. For info on joining the Monticello Trailblazers Snowmobile Club or questions on Safety class, please contact Chad Paumen at (612-240-7337) or Dane Hasbrouck at (763-878-1617). You are also welcome to go to our website at www.montisnow.com for more info.